Wine tasting among the romanesque pievi and medieval villages
This program combines morning wine lessons at the Enoteca de'Giraldi
in Firenze with afternoon trips to Tuscan wineries.
Starting dates are at the convenience of our guests.
- Morning free
- 3 p.m. Historic, cultural, and oenogastronomic tour of Firenze.
- 10 a.m.White wines and introduction to organoleptic analysis; presentation
of 4 Tuscan white wines from Trebbiano to Chardonnay, matched with slices
of grilled bread with fish and olive pâté.
- 3 p.m. Depart for Pomino, visit the medieval village and its Pieve.
- Visit to Fattoria Frescobaldi and wine tasting
- 10 a.m.Rosé wines and introduction to and use of differently
shaped wine glasses; presentation of 3 Tuscan rosé wines, matched
with slices of grilled bread with garlic and oil di frantoio
and with tomato and basil.
- 3 p.m. Depart for Fattoria di Capezzana in Carmignano and wine tasting.
- Visit to Villa Medicea in Poggio a Caiano.
- 10 a.m.Red wines and discussion of the use of barrels and barriques,
and techniques used in cellars; presentation of 4 Tuscan red wines matched
with cured pork and cheeses.
- 3 p.m. Depart for Fattoria di Selva Piana and wine tastings.
- Visit to the historic center of Pontassieve.
- 10 a.m.Dessert wines; presentation of 3 Tuscan dessert wines matched
with cheeses and local biscuits.
- 3 p.m. Depart for Fattoria di Petreto and wine tastings.
- Visit to the Convento di Rosano.
- 10 a.m.Sparkling wines; presentation of 2 Tuscan spumanti and a Tuscan
prosecco matched with fruit and desserts.
- 3 p.m. Depart for Fattoria Montellori and wine tastings.
- Visit to the medieval village of San Miniato.
Picture by Sandro Santioli